Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fact On My Pictures

Hey guys! This topic is gonna be about the pictures (my pictures) I upload here on my blog and in some social networks such as facebook, etc.

I always get the question "Do you edit your pictures?" Well my answer is "YES". I do edit my pictures BUT I don't edit that much. I only CROP, RESIZE and add the name of my blog on my pictures. I never had an editing like those made from photoshop. The truth is, I am completely illiterate when it comes to Adobe Photoshop. I edit my pictures in Microsoft Office Picture Manager (resize and crop) and Paint (to add my blog's name).

Editing pictures is very common nowadays, but I was never a fan of it.
I'm afraid in touching the colors of my artworks through the use of Photoshop. Not because I don't know how to use it but because I love to see the REAL thing from my work. I love my work so much that I appreciate whatever makeup look I do. When a picture is not edited, you can see everything. The flaws, the good, the bad (if you know what I mean). As an artist, my point of view is that, you need to use your skills and creativity by using those brushes and makeup in your kit and not that installed software in your computer just to make your pictures look beautiful. It just makes the picture farther from reality. For me, editing a picture in Photoshop is just a bonus to improve the picture of your work. And yes photoshop is used on magazines, posters and other advertising stuffs. But hey, I ain't doing any magazines here on my blog. :)

As an artist, seeing the good and the bad side of my unedited photos helps me motivate myself on improving my skills, specially my blending skills. It really helped me a lot and I was so happy. And I know that I am still in the process of learning as I see through those unedited photos.

I'm not saying I dislike editing pictures. Photoshop is a great software to use in advertising and stuff. It's just that, in terms of showing people my work, I would prefer the "raw" pictures. They could see the real artist in me and that would be enough to make me happy. :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I used to touch up my photos but to me they end up looking fake!

    I've been clean since then :)

    ReplyDelete