Monday, October 04, 2010

In Focus: Skin Care

For my age, I really had a bad oily skin. Since we got high humidity in our country, my face gets so oily time to time. I have a bit sensitive skin. I have tried a lot of product since my high school days and I really find it hard for me to get products that would really give me the results I want. And the saddest thing about it is that I have wasted a lot of bucks. However, for some time I've found some products that didn't give me the exact result that I want but somehow helped me improve my skin. Check this out.


I have tried this cleanser from The Body Shop about 2 years ago. It was the Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle 
Facial Wash. And this cleanser is pretty good! Yes it is a bit pricey but it is totally worth the price!
It removes all traces of dirt and makeup, even waterproof makeup can be washed away by this cleanser. It feels so smooth on the skin. It cleanses but does not dry the skin. It makes your skin feel softer and refreshed. I love the smell of this. The only downside of this product is that it can't control my face's oiliness. Its not bubbly when you rub it on your face unlike those other cleansers that tends to bubbles up when you rub 'em (like pond's) but stings like crazy when it get into your eyes. So be careful when using this product!





Another one that i like is this Kojic Soap that I bought online. It is much more natural made than those you see on drugstores. This is cool because it lightens up your blemishes and your skin will instantly feel refreshed even after your very first wash!
It takes blackheads and oil out of your face completely, leaving your skin so smooth!
I bought this for 50php only! :) 
1 bar is enough to last about 1 month! (Just make sure you won't let it soak in water and keep it dry after every use because they melt really quick!) I use this product until now. :)



For moisturizer, I use this Body Shop Tea Tree Moisturizer. I have used this for some time, just when my skin is breaking out so badly. I bought this during a sale season and I can't remember how much it cost me, sorry. This moisturizer is quite good, because it is actually designed for people with oily/ acne prone skin.


I'm also using an organic toner made from cucumber. It was specialized to minimize pores, and for me it was really effective! I bought it for 200php and yes, it was pretty cheap but I was amazed by the effects of it. I'll take a picture of it and upload it soon for you to see it! I bought it online. :)



Another soap that I'm using is this Glutathione Soap that I also bought online. I use this soap to wash my body and it gives you that refreshed feeling after you wash. It smells nice and is so smooth on the skin. I don't use Glutathione soap to get whiter, just so you know, I have a fair skin. I just like how this soap feels like to my skin every time I wash. :) 

I don't use lotions that much (I'm not into lotion ya know) But i still have a supple skin. I just don't like the feeling when you go outside the house and it gets too hot that you're gonna sweat and all you can feel is the greasy sensation brought by the lotion! I was like.. NAAAWWWWWWWWWW!


Remember, if you always have makeup on you should always use a makeup remover before washing your face to make your skincare routine more effective. A makeup remover does a big difference when it comes to  cleansing your face.



I personally use this Nivea Visage Cleansing Milk Makeup Remover. It has a moisturizing effect at the same time. :)


So there you go! Here is my simple skincare over view for oily skin with blemishes. You can try these products if you want and later on post some comments on the results that happen to you. I would love to hear from you guys! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment